Nature Macro Photography Workshop @ Science Centre Singapore
- The workshop on 22 June has been postponed to 6 July in view of the current haze conditions. All registrants have been informed and moved to the new workshop date.
- The workshop for 29 June is FULL. If you are still keen, please register early for the 6 July workshop to avoid disappointment!
- Registrants will be notified directly should there be any further changes due to the haze.
I will be conducting 2 Macro Photography Workshops this month at the Singapore Science Centre in conjunction with the Megabugs Returns! Exhibition. If you have always been interested in macro photography but have not known where to start, or have tried a bit and fumbled a lot, this is for you. If you like the photos you see on this blog and wish you could shoot something like that, this is for you too.
Macro photography trains one’s patience, eye for detail, creativity and even physical stamina in some cases. It is much more than a simple press of a button on the camera and promises an enriching experience.
What You Will Learn
- Macro photography basics and equipment
- Troubleshooting common challenges faced in macro photography
- How to find and approach subjects in nature
- Building your own flashlight diffuser and using them on the spot (Materials will be provided)
- Hands on shooting session at the Eco Garden
Topics will be taught using live demonstrations on a real camera and subjects. Participants will be able to understand the challenges faced in macro photography and learn how to overcome them creatively.
- Keen interest in bugs and macro photography
- Digital camera with macro capabilities, flash, and ability to adjust manual settings. Most "Point and Shoot" cameras have macro capabilities. If you are using a DSLR, your default kit lens alone is typically not suitable - a dedicated macro lens is ideal, but extension tubes and/or close up filters will do as well.
- Basic photography knowledge will be useful
To register, please download the registration form (right-click, save link as), fill it up and send it to Aishah2@science.edu.sg. Questions regarding this workshop can be posted via the Facebook comments below. Please help to share this post if you have friends who may be interested, thanks in advance. :)
Follow and Share
Remember to follow my work on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Youtube or Flickr for the most updated content! Any help in sharing this page using the social media buttons below will be deeply appreciated and will go a long way in supporting my work. Thank you in advance!
Subscribe to Mailing List
Prints and Photo Licensing
For photo licensing requests, please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For personal prints, please visit shop.nickybay.com.